Northside Park began
in December 30, 1949, with 16 acres of land acquired from the Hope
Civic Improvement Association, Inc. Additional lands have been
purchased/donated since, giving a total area of almost 25 acres.
This park has
several facilities, including a baseball/softball field, playground,
basketball courts, and 3 pavilions. The Washington-Douglas Community
Center is available to rent. The rates are $100/day standard rental and
$50/day for non-profits, both with a $100 refundable damage deposit.
Local, city, state, and federal government organizations are free. The
building must be vacated by 10:00 p.m.