Northside Park began in December 30, 1949, with 16 acres of land acquired from the Hope Civic Improvement Association, Inc. Additional lands have been purchased/donated since, giving a total area of almost 25 acres.
This park has several facilities, including a baseball/softball field, playground, basketball courts, and 3 pavilions. The Washington-Douglas Community Center is available to rent. The rates are $100/day standard rental and $50/day for non-profits, both with a $100 refundable security deposit. Local, city, state, and federal government organizations are free. The building must be vacated by 10:00 p.m.